Proficient Adobe Creative Suite, [Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Microsoft Office Suite. Print deliverables. Marketing Collateral. Branding. Brochures. Newsletters. Logos. Magazine Ads. Postcards. Posters. Digital Illustration. Color correction. Typesetting. Page Layout. Production Art. Training Manuals/Materials. SharePoint. Media Manager. Quark. Filemaker Pro. PowerPoint. WordPress. Facebook banners. Twitter set-up. Proficiency project management, adjusting to deadlines, process development, organized. Mac or PC.
Purefunk Designs - Freelance Visual Design and Branding
December 2013 - Present
• Develop, Design, deliver client requested graphic projects.
• Present executed variations of high-end visual solutions and publish ready pieces.
• Create winning Forsyth County Sheriff campaign, Industry-awarded newsletter, Branding.
• Design marketing collateral, social media set-ups, business cards, brochures, logos and posters.
• Generated web graphics, buttons, banners, menu bars, CD covers for multimedia projects.
• Personalized customer service, project management and collaborative communication.
Experience - Contractor
The BOSS Group: Merial Inc. - Package Design Contract
July 2012 - Dec. 2013
• Create artwork for animal pharma packaging.
• Template work on labels, cartons, leaflets, blister cards.
• Build templates from engineer drawings of printed components.
• Write and format documentation on the packaging dept process and procedures.
• Controlled artwork from initial request to contractor creation through releasing to printer.
Jim Rowland Group: The TAS Group - Graphic Design Contract
May 2012 - June 2012
• Coordinated with the content production and delivery managers to launch carrier-approved content worldwide.
• Predominantly software manuals teaching sales techniques.
Robin Financial Group: ICF Macro International - Graphic Design Contract
May - Sept. 2009; July - Oct 2010; July - Sept. 2011
• Create compelling marketing communications to key agencies of the federal government.
• Focus on strategic client goals: brochures/booklets, public service announcements, educational items, proposal covers, Word templates, signage, charts, fact sheets, meeting/training materials, presentations and posters.
• Project coordination with client, document center, editors and project directors.
• Email and face-to-face requestor customer service communication.
The Creative Group: JWT Inside - Graphic Design Contract
Nov. 2002 - Dec 2009
• Built Framemaker templates: TOC, headers, footers, paragraph styles, etc. in book structure so client could implement for future use by internal staff.
• Reconstructed set of corporate new employee HR manuals from InDesign to Framemaker.
• Delivered finalized PDF for the current years materials for print.
Quadras-Production - Catalog Design Contract
June 2002 - Dec. 2002
• Designed and created page layouts in Quark for client comps and post-production.
• Performed with little supervision all graphics required for catalog production project.
• Maintained project files, photo preparation, typography, color separation, master pages, cover to cover prepress.
Siebel Systems - Documentation Specialist Contract
Oct. 2000 - Mar. 2002
• Developed, edited, and maintained corporate/facilitator & student software training manuals.
• Software: Quark, Framemaker and Power Point.
• Designed Flash presentation for corporate intranet.
GA Communications - Graphic Design Contract
Aug. 1999 - April 2000
• Built catalog database of photographic assets.
• Hardware: Mac. Software: Media Manager, Quark, Photoshop and Filemaker Pro.
• Skill set: Photo masking, color correction, contrasting, page layout, typesetting, file management & key wording.
Concepts Sport - Graphic Designer
October 2013 - June 2015
• Create vector art for licensed sportswear.
• Create production art for screen-printing, plus labels & packaging.
• Photograph and Photoshop prep sample garments for catalog and web.
Scientific Games, Inc. - Desktop Publisher/Designer
June 2003 - Feb. 2009
• Designed/formatted large-scale RFP responses.
• Customized RFP graphics to enhance the marketing value and simplify difficult material.
• Developed corporate level publishing standards style guide to maintain corporate branding consistency by all departments and affiliates.
• Established and maintained MS Sharepoint site with graphic assets and completed proposal response materials for company wide use.
• Mentored other with software use.
• Coordinated with SMEs to develop RFP content.
• Occasionally developed sales materials upon request.
Internet Security Systems - Senior Graphic Designer
Sept. 1999 - May 2001
• Create graphic standards and database for Engineering Department.
• Produce documentation graphics for software applications.
• Developed facilitator materials for instructional designers to teach the application and to be distributed with software.
• Developed Powerpoint templates for co-workers to do in-house presentations.
University of Florida - Bachelor’s Degree Fine Art
January 1989 - May 1992
• Minors in: Photography, Art history, Architecture, and Printmaking
We're always looking for partners to achieve best in class service. If you're a web developer, illustrator, photographer, freelancer, let us know and we may work together.